23 January 2023
Dear Residents and Residents representatives,
I would like to thank everyone for their support and feedback regarding the actions taken
on the 14 November 2022 whereby we reinstated N95 masks at all sites to protect residents
and staff as a result of an increase in COVID-19 cases in the community and an increase in
cases identified in Residential Aged Care.
In response to communication received 20 January 2023 from Professor Nicola Spurrier –
Chief Public Health Officer, Bene has reviewed our current pandemic controls.
As we move to once again a more sustainable approach to COVID-19 management, we will
move from N95 masks to surgical masks. This Infection Control mechanism can be scaled up or
down in response to COVID-19 and positive cases identified.
These changes will be implemented on Wednesday 25 January 2023:
- Surgical masks will replace N95 masks at all sites.
- All visitors will be required to wear surgical masks whilst on site.
- Bene encourages all visitors to undertake and have received a negative RAT test on
the same day they attend site.
- All visitors are to monitor for symptoms and refrain from entering if symptoms of
COVID -19 are present.
- Visitors are not permitted entry for at least 7 days (ideally 10 days) after a positive
COVID – 19 test.
- Refrain from visiting if identified as a close contact to a person who has tested
positive to COVID-19 in the last 7 days.
- All visitors are encouraged to maintain physical distancing of 1.5 metres particularly
in communal areas.
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and to receive
their booster doses when they are due.
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated for seasonal influenza.
Director of Residential Service