At Bene, we believe that growing older is no reason to stop growing as individuals or as communities. Quite the opposite. Here, our staff and volunteers work as a team to ensure that the lives of over 2,500 South Australians are more able to flourish in communities that celebrate individuality, diversity and a zest for life. Our volunteers bring optimism and enthusiasm, create positive energy and share diverse perspectives that lead to enhanced outcomes for our consumers, staff and many others in the Bene family. That’s something to be proud of.
About the Role: Do you have excellent customer service skills and a passion for improving the quality of life of older people in our community?
Bene is looking for Concierge Volunteers to enhance the quality of life of our consumers. A Concierge Volunteer is the first point of contact with our visitors and consumers. Your duties are to uphold excellent customer service practises by making guests feel welcome and valued.
Concierge Volunteer responsibilities:
- Greet visitors warmly and make them feel welcome
- Ensure visitors meet our visitor entry criteria
- Ensure visitors sign registers on arrival and departure
- Create a positive relationship with all visitors by demonstrating a bright, cheerful manner
- Restrict access to visitors who do not comply with Bene’s visitor entry criteria and provide an explanation in a friendly and empathetic manner
- Document visitor access including to whom access has been denied
- Escort visitors to and from designated areas for approved visits
- Follow-up on any ad hoc request by visitors, consumers or staff
About You: This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the lives of our culturally diverse consumers in a truly vibrant and energetic care environment where, you will receive support in tasks you undertake. You will be a committed and caring individual that displays empathy for the older members of our community. You will equally match our culture and values and will be willing to contribute your time, talents, skills and knowledge to assist us in creating unique experiences for our visitors and consumers. This volunteer role requires you to meet the following criteria.
Diversity and Inclusion: We celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the strength in diversity. At Bene, we strive to create an inclusive workplace culture that connects us closer to the communities that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to the principles of fairness, dignity and mutual respect.