For the second year running, the team at Bene is participating in the Memory Walk & Jog Adelaide event to be held on 17 March 2019 at Colley Reserve, Glenelg, to help raise funds for Dementia Australia.
With more than 425,416 Australians estimated to be living with dementia, it is the second leading cause of death in Australia. Dementia Australia supports leadership in dementia policy and services, encourages and participates in research initiatives and aims to extend the knowledge and skills of almost 1.5 million Australians involved in caring for people with dementia. Previously known as, Alzheimer’s Australia, Dementia Australia is a rapidly growing, non-profit organisation operating across the country. They play an important role in advocating for a dementia friendly society—a vision that is shared by the Bene community.
This year, Bene has donated $500 to the cause, and we’re putting the challenge out there to our friends to come and join the Bene Team to help raise another $500.
TO JOIN THE TEAM AND WALK/JOG ON THE DAY:
- Go to www.memorywalk.com.au/events/12/adelaide
- Click on Register and complete the required information
- Towards the bottom of the page, click ‘JOIN A TEAM’ and Select ‘Bene Aged Care’
Donations over $2 are tax deductible. To donate,
- Go to the website: www.memorywalk.com.au/my-fundraising/10025/bene-aged-care-
- Put money into the collection tin at a Bene site reception
WHAT: Memory Walk & Jog Adelaide
WHEN: 17 March 2019, 7am-11am
WHERE: Colley Reserve, Colley Terrace, Glenelg, SA