Home Care Costs Explained
Depending on your needs and circumstances, there are several ways to access home care services. If you meet the eligibility criteria, Government funding may be available through Home Care Packages (HCP) or the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP). You can also pay privately for any of our services at any time.
- Government Subsidised Care
- Privately Funded Care
HCP provides Government funded home care designed for older people requiring comprehensive and tailored services.
There are four levels of Home Care Packages available to meet different levels of care needs.
- Level 1 – basic support
- Level 2 – low-level support
- Level 3 – intermediate support
- Level 4 – high-level support
Your home care package costs consist of three fee components:
- Government Subsidy
Paid by the Government
- Basic Daily Fee
To receive a HCP, you must make the mandatory co-payment, set by the Government.
- Income-Tested Care Fee
Additional fee that you may be required to pay based on an assessment of your income (daily, annual and lifetime limits apply)
Your home care package covers three main service components:
- Case Management & Advisory Services
- Package Management
- Service & Support Provision
CHSP provides Government funded home care designed for older people requiring entry level services.
For detailed information on CHSP, please contact our friendly customer service team on 08 8131 2000.
Bene’s fee-for-service option may be the solution for you.
Our fee-for-service option is suitable for people who are;
- On a waitlist for a Government subsidised home care service
- Already receiving a Government subsidised home care service but would like additional services
- Do not qualify for funding support.
There’s less paperwork, less waiting and you can work directly with Bene to design a level of service that’s tailored to your circumstances.