Of paramount importance are the health and safety of our residents and those that care for them. As such, Bene is continually adapting its COVID-19 visitor guidelines as the situation evolves.
Currently, visitation with special provisions is allowed for:
- A pre-booked visit by a Nominated Authorised Visitor (details below)
- Residents receiving palliative end-of-life care
- Residents who require assistance attending scheduled external medical appointments
- Residents who have a clearly established pattern of receiving Shared Care
In accordance with the Emergency Management (Residential Aged Care Facilities) (COVID-19) Direction 2020 enacted by the State Coordinator, eligible visitors will be restricted from entering any Bene facility if the person:
- Has returned from overseas or interstate in the last 14 days
- Has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or someone awaiting the results of COVID-19 testing in the last 14 days
- Has a temperature of higher than 37.5℃ or symptoms of a respiratory infection such as a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath
- Has not had the 2020 seasonal influenza vaccination. Proof of vaccination will be required – this is a Government-mandated requirement.
- Is aged under 16 years other than in circumstances of providing end of life support for a relative
Visits by a Nominated Authorised Visitor
- Residents and their families are asked to nominate one (1) family representative who will be authorised to visit during this phase of visitor restrictions
- Visits by the Nominated Authorised Visitor must be pre-booked and must adhere to strict COVID-19 visitor guidelines
- Visits by the Nominated Authorised Visitor will be limited to two (2) visits per week and no more than 45 minutes per visit (e.g. Maria is the Nominated Authorised Visitor and books to visit on Monday 10:00-10:45 and Thursday 1:45-2:30)
- Visits can only occur in a resident’s room, outdoors or in a specific designated area, with appropriate social distancing measures
- Temperature screening, COVID-19 declaration, travel/contact declaration and visiting declaration will be required upon arrival
Prior to Booking a Visit
To Make an Authorised Visitor Booking
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of the Residential Care Home
- Name of the resident
- Name and contact details of the Nominated Authorised Visitor
- Preferred visiting date (weekdays only) and time (between 0930-1130 and 1300-1700) Limit of two (2) visits per week.
- Bene will send you an email confirming the date(s) and time(s) of your visit(s).
If you have a temperature of higher than 37.5℃ or are experiencing symptoms of a respiratory infection such as a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, please cancel your booking and do not visit.
Bene would like to sincerely thank you for your patience, assistance and support during this time to help us keep our community safe.