Of paramount importance are the health and safety of our residents and those that care for them. As such, Bene is continually adapting its COVID-19 visitor guidelines as the situation evolves.
Currently, visitation at all Bene residential care homes allow for:
- Residents to receive up to two visitors at any one time for any length of time. No bookings are required but visitors are asked not no visit at meal times unless by prior arrangement of an ‘in room’ meal time visit
- Residents to be accompanied to attend a gathering at a family member’s home
In accordance with the Emergency Management (Residential Aged Care Facilities No 17) (COVID-19) Direction 2020 enacted by the State Coordinator, eligible visitors will be restricted from entering any Bene facility if:
- During the preceding 14 days, the person arrived in South Australia from a place outside South Australia that was not within the low community transmission zone (for more information, refer to https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restrictions-and-responsibilities/travel-restrictions#sa)
- During the preceding 14 days, the person had known contact with a person who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or is awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
- The person has a temperature higher than 37.5℃, or has a history of fever or chills in the preceding 72 hours, or symptoms of acute respiratory infection such as a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell
- The person has not been vaccinated against the 2020 seasonal influenza. Proof of vaccination will be required,
- The person has undertaken a COVID-19 test and is awaiting the test result.
What to do prior to visiting
- Register for a Visitor Pass
If you have not already done so, anyone intending to visit a resident will be required to register for a Visitor Pass in advance of the intended visit.
To register, you must email or contact the receptionist at the care home that you intend to visit.
Please note that these email addresses are only attended by reception during business hours on Monday to Thursday 9am to 4pm and on Friday 9am to 3pm.
When registering, you must provide the following information:
– Full name of the resident you wish to visit
– Your full name
– Your phone number
– Your email address
– Evidence of having received the 2020 seasonal influenza vaccination
A Visitor Pass will be issued to you on successful registration.
If you have a temperature of higher than 37.5℃ or are experiencing symptoms of a respiratory infection such as a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, we ask that you do not visit.
During your visit
- Visitors must carry their Visitor Pass at all times while visiting.
- Visitors must consent to temperature screening and sign in and answer the COVID-19 screening questions at the electronic kiosk upon arrival.
- Visitors must use the hand sanitizer on entering the care home.
- Visitors must wear a mask while visiting the care home. This is a requirement until December 23.
- Visits can only occur in a resident’s room with appropriate social distancing measures.
- Visitors must not enter any communal areas.
In a letter provided to residents and representatives on 4 September 2020 we kindly requested residents and/or representatives to complete two consent forms:
- Permission to share contact details with Government authorities
- Pre-consent for alternative accommodation arrangements during a COVID-19 outbreak
If you have not yet returned the consent forms, please do so at your earliest convenience.
Bene would like to sincerely thank you for your patience, assistance and support during this time to help us keep our community safe.