WHS Co-ordinator, Woodville, Full time, (Closing: 14 May 2021)
Job Title: WHS Coordinator
Location: Woodville North
Work Type: Full-Time
Date Closing: 8am, 14 May 2021
About Bene: At Bene, we believe that growing older is no reason to stop growing as individuals or as communities. Quite the opposite. Here, our staff and volunteers work as a team to ensure that the lives of over 2,500 South Australians are more able to flourish in communities that celebrate individuality, diversity and a zest for life. At the same time, you’ll be rewarded with a fulfilling career path, growth and development opportunities, flexible work options, full salary packaging benefits and a friendly and supportive team environment with an open-minded culture.
About the Role: Bene Aged Care is seeking an appropriately skilled and qualified person to fulfil the full-time role of WHS Coordinator. The position is based at our Woodville office, but will be require travel to all Bene Aged Care sites. As the WHS Coordinator you will be required to:
- Develop and review WHS Policies and Procedures, safe operating procedures and all other organisational WHS material.
- Provide education and support to staff and management on WHS as well as conducting both theory and practical Manual Handling training across all roles.
- Coordinate WHS Committee meetings
- Conduct internal WHS audits and inspections and implement remedial actions where required
- Actively promote a positive work health and safety culture across the organisation.
Salary and conditions will be based on the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience. Additionally, you can benefit from the generous Salary Sacrifice options available as a staff member of a ‘not for profit’ organisation.
About You: You will be a professional, personable, committed & skilled individual that equally matches our culture and values in the support and care for the frail and elderly. Applications are invited from professionals with:
- A solid track record in a WHS Coordinator role
- Up to date knowledge of WHS and Return to Work Legislation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Who can operate autonomously as well as a member of a team
- An understanding of Healthcare services would be advantageous
- Proficient computer skills
- Confident in adult education development and presentation
- The ability to work positively within a team to achieve goals
- National Police Clearance (or ability to obtain)
Diversity and Inclusion: We celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the strength in diversity. At Bene, we strive to create an inclusive workplace culture that connects us closer to the communities that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to the principles of fairness, dignity and mutual respect.
To Apply: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button ensuring that you upload your resume and three current referees. Applications close 8am, Friday 14 May 2021.
Please note: We seek applications from individuals that meet the essential criteria. No agencies please. Only successful applicants will be contacted.