Volunteer Program Coordinator, Full Time (Closing: 22 Sept 2020)
Job Title: Volunteer Program Coordinator
Location: All sites
Work Type: Full-Time
Date Closing: 8am, 22 September 2020
About Bene: At Bene, we believe that growing older is no reason to stop growing as individuals or as communities. Quite the opposite. Here, our staff and volunteers work as a team to ensure that the lives of over 2,500 South Australians are more able to flourish in communities that celebrate individuality, diversity and a zest for life. At the same time, you’ll be rewarded with a fulfilling career path, growth and development opportunities, flexible work options, full salary packaging benefits and a friendly and supportive team environment with an open-minded culture.
About the Role: Bene Aged Care is currently seeking an experienced and committed Volunteer Program Coordinator to manage the volunteer program at Bene Aged Care, across both Residential and Community Services.
You will ensure that the volunteer program continues to evolve, grow, support and contribute to the aspirations and operations of its service delivery to Bene consumers; achieving exceptional volunteer experiences and program outcomes.
Key responsibilities include :-
- Recruitment, placement, retention and performance management of volunteers
- Develop roles, programs & volunteer guidelines
- Training, education, development and support of volunteers
- Ensure the volunteer experience is easy to access, meaningful and productive.
- Implement goals and objectives for the volunteer program
- Work collaboratively with key staff to facilitate the best fit placement of volunteers in roles and programs
- Administration and management of the volunteer database
This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the lives of our culturally diverse consumers in a truly vibrant and energetic aged care centre-based community, in a supportive and enjoyable working environment.
Salary and conditions will be based on the successful applicant’s skills and experience. Additionally, you can benefit from the generous Salary Sacrifice options available as a staff member of a ‘not for profit’ organisation.
About You: You will be a bright, outgoing, committed, skilled and caring individual that displays empathy for the older members of our community. You will equally match our culture and values in the support and care for the frail and elderly. Applications are invited from professionals with:
- Current experience coordinating a volunteer program
- Proven leadership abilities and strategic thinking
- Advanced administrative skills inc. computer skills & database mgmt
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Experience working with people from diverse economic, social & cultural backgrounds
- Current drivers licence as travel between sites is required
Diversity and Inclusion: We celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the strength in diversity. At Bene, we strive to create an inclusive workplace culture that connects us closer to the communities that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to the principles of fairness, dignity and mutual respect.
To Apply: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button ensuring that you upload your resume and three current referees. Applications close 8am, Tuesday 22 September 2020.
Please note: We seek applications from individuals that meet the essential criteria. No agencies please. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Back to all opportunities