Senior Community Coordinator, Woodville, Full Time, (Closing: 8am, 19 July 2021)
About Bene: At Bene, we believe that growing older is no reason to stop growing as individuals or as communities. Quite the opposite. Here, our staff and volunteers work as a team to ensure that the lives of over 2,500 South Australians are more able to flourish in communities that celebrate individuality, diversity and a zest for life. At the same time, you’ll be rewarded with a fulfilling career path, growth and development opportunities, flexible work options, full salary packaging benefits and a friendly and supportive team environment with an open-minded culture.
About the Role: Bene Aged Care is seeking an appropriately skilled and qualified person to fulfil the fulltime role of Senior Community Coordinator for our Community Services team. The role will be based at our new, modern Community Centre 480 Torrens Road, Woodville. We recognise our Community Care & Domestic Workers are the most critical people in our business and therefore we want to ensure that all employees have the right leadership.
- Lead and manage a team of approx 75 Community Care & Domestic workers
- Ensuring staff are delivering and identifying services that improve consumers quality of life
- Lead staff in providing a safe and exceptional customer experience to our consumers
- Motivate, develop and support staff in their role
- On the job training & coaching of staff
- Conduct annual staff performance reviews
- Manage leave requests for staff including rostering leave
- Reporting & administration involved with team management
- Recruitment & induction of new staff with HR support
- WHS support for staff
- Performance Management of staff
- Continuous Improvement identification & implementation
- Scheduling & hosting team meetings
This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the lives of our culturally diverse consumers in a truly vibrant and energetic aged care centre-based community, in a supportive and enjoyable working environment.
Salary and conditions will be based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award. Additionally, you can benefit from the generous Salary Sacrifice options available as a staff member of a ‘not for profit’ organisation.
About You: You will be a bright, outgoing, committed, skilled and caring individual that displays empathy for the older members of our community. You will equally match our culture and values in the support and care for the frail and elderly. Applications are invited from professionals with:
- Previous staff management experience
- An understanding of Aged Care Community Services
- Cert 3 in Individual Support, Aged Care or Disability
- Previous rostering/scheduling experience
- The ability to work positively within a team to achieve goals
- Strong customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- National Police Clearance (or ability to obtain)
- Unrestricted Drivers Licence
Diversity and Inclusion: We celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the strength in diversity. At Bene, we strive to create an inclusive workplace culture that connects us closer to the communities that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to the principles of fairness, dignity and mutual respect.
To Apply: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button ensuring that you upload your resume and three current referees. Applications close 8am, Monday 19 July 2021
Please note: We seek applications from individuals that meet the essential criteria. No agencies please. Only successful applicants will be contacted.