Maintenance Officer, St Agnes, Part-Time (Closing: 11 Aug 2021)
About Bene: At Bene, we believe that growing older is no reason to stop growing as individuals or as communities. Quite the opposite. Here, our staff and volunteers work as a team to ensure that the lives of over 2,500 South Australians are more able to flourish in communities that celebrate individuality, diversity and a zest for life. At the same time, you’ll be rewarded with a fulfilling career path, growth and development opportunities, flexible work options, full salary packaging benefits and a friendly and supportive team environment with an open-minded culture.
About the Role: Our largest residential site located at St Agnes is currently seeking an experienced and committed Maintenance Officer. In this hands on role, reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will be an active member of our maintenance team who are responsible for performing the following maintenance services at our Residential facility:
- Minor plumbing
- Cleaning of windows, equipment & outside areas
- Gardening & landscaping duties
- General maintenance duties including minor repairs
- Preventative & refurbishment building maintenance
- Repairing damaged fixtures & fittings
- Patching plaster
- Hanging items on walls
- Assessing items for repair
- Identify, report and perform reactive maintenance
- Warm Water Systems maintenance – training provided
- Testing & Tagging of equipment – training provided
- Assist with audits & inspections as required
- On call duties as required
This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the lives of our culturally diverse consumers in a truly vibrant and energetic aged care centre-based community, in a supportive and enjoyable working environment.
Salary and conditions will be based on the Aged Care Award. Additionally, you can benefit from the generous Salary Sacrifice options available as a staff member of a ‘not for profit’ organisation.
About You: You will be a bright, outgoing, committed, skilled and caring individual that displays empathy for the older members of our community. You will equally match our culture and values in the support and care for the frail and elderly. Applications are invited from professionals with the ability to problem solve and:
- Previous hands-on experience in repairs and maintenance
- A trade background or previous experience in Aged Care
- Competency in using power equipment, tools & machinery
- A clear understanding of safe Work Health & Safety practices
- Ability to maintain accurate electronic records
- A current Driver’s license
- An outstanding work ethic
- Ability to prioritise workflow
- 2021 Flu Vaccination
- COVID 19 vaccination by 17th September as per govt directive
Diversity and Inclusion: We celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the strength in diversity. At Bene, we strive to create an inclusive workplace culture that connects us closer to the communities that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to the principles of fairness, dignity and mutual respect.
To Apply: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button ensuring that you upload your resume and three current referees. Applications close 8am, Wednesday 11th August 2021.
Please note: We seek applications from individuals that meet the essential criteria. No agencies please. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Back to all opportunities