Maintenance Officer, St Agnes, Part-Time (Closing: 8am, 1 Feb 2021)
Job Title: Maintenance Officer
Location: St Agnes
Work Type: Part-Time
Date Closing: 8am, 1 Feb 2021
About Bene: At Bene, we believe that growing older is no reason to stop growing as individuals or as communities. Quite the opposite. Here, our staff and volunteers work as a team to ensure that the lives of over 2,500 South Australians are more able to flourish in communities that celebrate individuality, diversity and a zest for life. At the same time, you’ll be rewarded with a fulfilling career path, growth and development opportunities, flexible work options, full salary packaging benefits and a friendly and supportive team environment with an open-minded culture.
About the Role: Our largest residential site located at St Agnes is currently seeking an experienced and committed Maintenance Officer. In this hands on role, reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will be an active member of our maintenance team who are responsible for performing the following maintenance services to our Residential facility:
- Minor plumbing
- Maintain accurate electronic documentation records
- Warm Water Systems maintenance
- Testing & Tagging of equipment
- Soldering repairs
- Preventative maintenance
- Problem Solving
- Assist with audits & inspections as required
- Painting, cleaning of windows, equipment and outside areas
- Holiday relief/Cover laundry shifts as requested
- On call duties as required
This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the lives of our culturally diverse consumers in a truly vibrant and energetic aged care centre-based community, in a supportive and enjoyable working environment.
Salary and conditions will be based on the Aged Care Award. Additionally, you can benefit from the generous Salary Sacrifice options available as a staff member of a ‘not for profit’ organisation.
About You: You will be a bright, outgoing, committed, skilled and caring individual that displays empathy for the older members of our community. You will equally match our culture and values in the support and care for the frail and elderly. Applications are invited from professionals with:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role with a particular focus on Warm Water systems & Electronic Data records (IT).
- Current Test & Tag certificate or the ability to obtain
- Current Drivers license as travel to other sites is essential
- A trade background or previous experience in Aged Care
- An outstanding work ethic and a strong commitment to high quality service delivery
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workflow
Diversity and Inclusion: We celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the strength in diversity. At Bene, we strive to create an inclusive workplace culture that connects us closer to the communities that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to the principles of fairness, dignity and mutual respect.
To Apply: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button ensuring that you upload your resume and three current referees. Applications close 8am, Monday 1st February 2021.
Please note: We seek applications from individuals that meet the essential criteria. No agencies please. Only successful applicants will be contacted.