Concierge Volunteer (Closing 1 June 2020)
Volunteer Role: Concierge Volunteer
Location: St Agnes
Work Type: Part-Time
Date Closing: 5pm, 1 June 2020
About Bene: At Bene, we believe that growing older is no reason to stop growing as individuals or as communities. Quite the opposite. Here, our staff and volunteers work as a team to ensure that the lives of over 2,500 South Australians are more able to flourish in communities that celebrate individuality, diversity and a zest for life. Our volunteers bring optimism and enthusiasm, create positive energy and share diverse perspectives that lead to enhanced outcomes for our consumers, staff and many others in the Bene family. That’s something to be proud of.
About the Role: Do you have excellent customer service skills and a passion for improving the quality of life of older people in our community?
Bene is looking for Concierge Volunteers to enhance the quality of life of our consumers. A Concierge Volunteer is the first point of contact with our visitors and consumers. Your duties are to uphold excellent customer service practises by making guests feel welcome and valued.
Concierge Volunteer responsibilities:
- Greet visitors warmly and make them feel welcome
- Ensure visitors meet our visitor entry criteria
- Ensure visitors sign registers on arrival and departure
- Create a positive relationship with all visitors by demonstrating a bright, cheerful manner
- Restrict access to visitors who do not comply with Bene’s visitor entry criteria and provide an explanation in a friendly and empathetic manner
- Document visitor access including to whom access has been denied
- Escort visitors to and from designated areas for approved visits
- Follow-up on any ad hoc request by visitors, consumers or staff
Monday to Friday 9:30am to 11:30am and 1.30pm to 4.00pm (subject to change)
About You: This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the lives of our culturally diverse consumers in a truly vibrant and energetic care environment where, you will receive support in tasks you undertake. You will be a committed and caring individual that displays empathy for the older members of our community. You will equally match our culture and values and will be willing to contribute your time, talents, skills and knowledge to assist us in creating unique experiences for our visitors and consumers. This volunteer role requires you to meet the following criteria.
- You are in good health and willing to sign a COVID-19 statement that you do not have the virus
- Provide proof of having had a 2020 influenza vaccination (requirement from SA Gov)
- You have not returned from interstate/overseas in the last 14 days
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good clear verbal and written communications skills
- Strong customer service skills with empathy and patience
- National Police Clearance (or ability to obtain)
Diversity and Inclusion: We celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the strength in diversity. At Bene, we strive to create an inclusive workplace culture that connects us closer to the communities that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to the principles of fairness, dignity and mutual respect.
To Apply: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button ensuring that you upload your resume and three current referees. Applications close 5pm, 1 June 2020.
Back to all Volunteering Opportunities